photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo pinterest.png photo google.png photo mail.png
 photo header_zps9dbbc5d3.png

Quote

Please excuse us while we put our blog together....enjoy!

A Look At Life

Hey y’all! Let me introduce you to my life a little.  I’m Dani – the other half of this space.  I’m a single momma to an amazing 4 year old bucket of energy, and I honestly wouldn’t have my life any other way.  Well, except for those times I want to tear my hair out, because every parent has those moments from time to time. 

My promise to this blog is to love it, to build it, to spend time with it.  However, I also promise that I won’t be around every day.  I won’t be spending every hour of every day nurturing Anchored Corner.  I want to live my life so I have things to share.  I want to get lost in life with my son.  I want to be well rounded, just as I want this blog to be well rounded, which brings me to the thought behind this post.



My son’s daddy is our star in heaven.  He is not present on this earth, and it’s only been a short time.  He died September 15, 2013, and that day will be burned in my head for the rest of my life.  I choose though, to live my life in a happy place.  To enjoy every new day we get, with the people in our lives.  He would want that.  He would want us to smile, laugh, and be happy, and I can’t see living my life any other way.

This past weekend was another “First” holiday in a string of holidays throughout the last 10 months.  They are hard.  They make me think back to all the other holidays we got to spend with him and with our families.  I’ve chosen to step back from all the craziness that comes with any holiday, and instead we spend them quietly.  Sometimes, I wonder why we don’t all do this on a regular basis.  Just stop and chill out for a moment.  When you do this, you realize all that you are missing in life by running around like a crazy person all the time. 

My wish for all of you is to slow down.  Enjoy your life, and the people in it.  Turn off your phone, step away from your computer from time to time, and go outside and breathe some fresh air.  Amber and I both have “Breathe” tattooed on us, as a reminder that we can get through anything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment